So, who doesn’t love an amazing chocolate cheesecake? Throw in a bit of coffee flavor, too, top with whipped cream and you have yourself a chocolate cheesecake to make your eyes roll back in your head! Thank goodness this one is low carb- but still healthy!
Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup almond meal
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 T cocoa powder
1 large egg
3 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or Pyure organic stevia)
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup THM Super Sweet Blend (or Pyure organic stevia)
8 (1 oz) squares unsweetened or 85% dark chocolate
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua)- optional
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F and butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt butter and 1 oz chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. (Alternatively, you can melt them together over low heat in a small saucepan.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, 3 Tbs Super Sweet Blend, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Change oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust: in a medium sized bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the 1/3 cup Super Sweet Blend, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed until very smooth.
- Melt the 8 ounces chocolate with 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a pan or bowl set over boiling water. Stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Stir in sour cream, salt, coffee, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, and vanilla; beat on low until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust.
- Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then turn oven off. Center will be soft but will firm up when chilled. Do not overbake. Leave cake in oven with the heat turned off for 1 hour more. Remove cake from oven and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Affiliate note: I did include some affiliate links on this page. If you order from any of my links, it won’t cost you any extra, but it will give this stay-at-home mom a bit of commission!