Remember those no-bake cheesecake recipes you could find on the bottom of those Keebler graham cracker crust lids? Well, that cheesecake was hands down my favorite dessert growing up. I LOVED it! I always asked for it for my birthday. Once I became Type 1 diabetic, though, I didn’t make it nearly as often, but I would still indulge every once in a while. I got to thinking this spring, though. I bet I could come up with a GREAT THM version of it! My first attempt tasted great, but it didn’t really slice and really needed a spoon to eat, so I consulted with my gelatin experts (ha!) and made a second version with gelatin. Bingo! I got the great taste from the cheesecake, and the gelatin helped it to set up nicely.
Here are some ideas and suggestions- You can use an 8-inch springform pan with a half recipe of crust and one full recipe of filling to make a small cheesecake that is shaped like a cheesecake. You can also make a full recipe of crust, double this recipe for filling, and use a 10-inch springform pan to make a large cheesecake.
Skinny Elf No-Bake Cheesecake- (THM ~ S)
1 full recipe of the Simple Simon Almond Pressed Crust (THM Cookbook p. 323)
(Or, you can make a similar pie crust of your own. Pinterest has plenty of options!)
1 (8 oz) package of room-temperature cream cheese (full fat or reduced fat works)
2 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend (or Pyure)
2 t vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup very hot (not boiling) water
1 Tbsp THM Just Gelatin (or 1 package of Knox unflavored gelatin)
optional toppings: Handy Chocolate Syrup (THM Cookbook p. 479), berries of your choice, caramel sauce of your choice (again, Pinterest is great for this!), nuts… (you get the idea!)
- Make your pie crust and press it into the bottom of a large pie pan. I suggest a 9-inch pan, or a deep dish pan if possible! This filling makes a LOT!
- Beat heavy cream with a whisk or mixer until it is whipped cream, then set it in the fridge.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water, then set aside to cool slightly. (I used my Ninja single-serve blender cup to do this really quickly.)
- In your mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and gradually add the sweetener.
- Blend in sour cream, dissolved gelatin, and vanilla thoroughly. Fold in whipped cream, blending well.
- Spoon into crust and chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
Affiliate note: I did include some affiliate links on this page. If you order from Trim Healthy Mama, it won’t cost you any extra, but it will give this stay-at-home mom a bit of commission!