I’ve never HAD to make recipes for someone with allergies before, so when I was asked to make a nut free, dairy free cheesecake that was ALSO sugar-free and low carb, I knew I had a challenge. After forgetting the nut free part and making a really yummy cheesecake with cashews, I went back to the drawing board, AKA the internet. I’ve never used coconut cream or sunflower butter much, but I found a recipe that looked promising! I took the premise of using coconut cream and sunflower butter and ran with it. Here’s what I came up with! It does use eggs, so if you are egg free too, use an acceptable egg substitute.
Peanut Free Peanut Butter Pie– Here is a downloadable, printable version of the recipe.
Peanut Free “Peanut Butter” Pie
2 ¼ cups raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
3 tbsp unsweetened sunflower seed butter
3 “doonks” of stevia powder or 1 tablespoon of THM Super Sweet Blend
1 ½ cups coconut cream (3- 5.4 ounce cans is just about right)
1 ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
4 tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
Juice of 2 ½ lemons
1 ½ tbsp. psyllium husk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¾ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9” springform pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray cooking spray, and set aside.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer mixture to the greased pan and press along the base and up the sides of the pan to form the crust.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth mixture using an electric mixer, blender, or food processor. Pour into the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until the top is nice and golden. Turn oven off and let sit for another 45 minutes to 1 hour before taking out of the oven. Remove from oven and cool on a rack completely. Transfer to a refrigerator and chill at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Remove from pan, slice, and enjoy.