It’s spring! And what better way to celebrate than with lemon goodness! I was super excited to see Trim Healthy Mama’s new Baking Blend, so I wanted to bake a cake! (Affiliate link to THM Store: https://store.trimhealthymama.com/#_l_e4) The Luscious Lemon Cake is fantastic, too, but it’s just a single serve cake, and I wanted one that I could share with my family. So, I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it more do-able for a large cake. (Please excuse my plastic plates! We aren’t fancy around my house!) There’s probably the exact same recipe for the frosting around somewhere else on the internet, but I didn’t look one up, promise! I just threw things together until they tasted good in my mixer!
2 T butter
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cup Baking Blend
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Sweet Blend
1 Tbsp baking powder
1) Cream butter and Sweet Blend in mixer.
2) Add eggs and mix until well incorporated.
3) Mix Baking Blend and baking powder in separate bowl.
4) Alternate adding Baking Blend mix and lemon juice until it is all added and well mixed.
5) Pour into a greased cake pan (I used an 8″ round pan sprayed with Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray.)
6) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
7) Let the cake sit for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 Tbsp butter
4 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp Sweet Blend (ground in coffee grinder)
Directions: Cream butter and cream cheese, then add Sweet Blend and salt. Mix until nice and creamy, then frost your cake!
*I made this a second time for our Bible study group, only I doubled both the cake and frosting recipe and made a 2-layer cake. It was double delicious! (And I had a bit of frosting left over that I just couldn’t resist eating with a spoon!)
Affiliate note: I did include some affiliate links on this page. If you order from Trim Healthy Mama, it won’t cost you any extra, but it will give this stay-at-home mom a bit of commission!